Introduction to Gentrification
In this virtual course, we will explore gentrification while reflecting on how we can promote inner city development without the displacement of our most vulnerable community neighbors. Gentrification will be considered with an emphasis on the role race and class play in it. Discussions will center around the positive and negative forces at play in community development.
what you''ll learn:
• how to define gentrification
• evaluation and reflection on how gentrification can affect neighborhoods and communities
• a baseline understanding on the effects of gentrification on the City of Rochester & beyond
• Tickets are $30 per person
• Scholarships are available for anyone that needs one, no questions asked-email email@example.com.
This class is appropriate for ages 18+
This class will take place online through Zoom. Class access links will be received after online registration. If you do not receive your link, please check your spam or email firstname.lastname@example.org
what to expect:
• highly interactive virtual format
• whole group discussions guided by intentional prompts
• break out sessions
• classroom style Q&A
• we recommended the use of your video during class
• come to class prepared to participate, engage, and discuss
• ASL interpreting and captioning is provided for all classes
this class is facilitated by Calvin Eaton, Founding Director of 540WMain Inc, a virtual non-profit and community-based hub for accessible education and events that promote justice for all. 540WMain encourages individuals to broaden their horizons and learn more about multidisciplinary issues and topics that impact the world.
Phone: (585) 420-8439
Event url: www.eventbrite.com/e/introduction-to-gentrification-tickets-132336147981
Buffalo, NY 14210